Decision Maker: Town Area Committee Consultation
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Senior Democracy Officer circulated an extract of plans and information in respect of Planning Application reference 17/01075/FUL and this was considered by Members to assist in making the following comments. The full planning application was available on the Council’s website and this was also referenced at the meeting.
A discussion was held, concerning the planning application and Members made the following comments:-
• The loss of fifteen car park spaces to enable this development was raised and whether it was right to reduce the number of spaces. However, it was noted that the remainder car parking spaces for the existing store would be sufficient.
• Although the Design and Access Statement specified that ‘It is proposed to provide a total of eight designated car parking spaces for the new build’ only seven spaces were shown on the Proposed Site Plan. It was difficult to comment whether this was sufficient without knowing the type of business to be carried out there.
• It was noted that the proposed new build would have A1 use (mainstream shopping), which was preferred in the Town Centre.
• With regard to the impact of HGV deliveries. It was noted that there were no neighbouring residential properties affected and noise would be mitigated by the requirement that deliveries be made in full accordance with any permitted delivery timings imposed by this Council
• The intention that the rear elevation would face Scalford Road was noted and that this would be mitigated by existing shrubs and low level trees.
• Enhancing the vibrance of the Town Centre was highly important and it was appropriate to be made aware of what the store would offer to the Town Centre.
Publication date: 23/10/2017
Date of decision: 23/10/2017
Decided at meeting: 23/10/2017 - Town Area Committee Consultation