Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To set the rents of Council dwellings, approve the HRA estimates for 2023/24 and set the working balance for 2023/24.
Cabinet RECOMMENDED to Council:
1) That the Budget Estimates for 2023-23 be approved.
2) That an average rent increase of 7.21% for all Council dwellings be approved with effect from 1 April 2023.
3) That a hardship fund be developed for the benefit of those tenants in need to a maximum of £50k, and for awards granted to be in the form of vouchers.
4) That the 2023-24 capital programme be approved.
5) That authority be delegated to the Director for Housing and Communities in consultation with the Director for Corporate Services and the Portfolio Holder for Council Homes and Landlord Services to approve virements within the HRA capital programme during the year to provide flexibility to meet emerging needs and maintain decent homes.
6) That authority be delegated to the Director for Housing and Communities in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Council Homes and Landlord Services to finalise and implement the policy and criteria for a hardship fund for tenants.
Report author: Carol King
Publication date: 08/02/2023
Date of decision: 08/02/2023
Decided at meeting: 08/02/2023 - Cabinet